Actor eschews conventional book deal for How Roland Rolls, which ‘deals with a lot of serious things in a really fun way’
Jim Carrey is preparing to join the ranks of self-published authors with what he described as a “metaphysical” children’s book about a wave.
The actor told HitFix that the book would be called How Roland Rolls. And although a major Hollywood name like Carrey would find it easy to land a mainstream publisher, he said: “I’m going to self-publish, because that’s just the world right now and I think it’s cool”.
Carrey, who has one daughter and recently became a grandfather, said the book would be “beautifully illustrated”. He revealed that it would tell the story of “a wave named Roland who’s afraid that one day when he hits the beach his life will be over, but when he gets deep he’s struck by the notion that he’s not just the wave he’s the whole big wide ocean”.
“It’s a metaphysical children’s book and it deals with a lot of serious things in a really fun way,” Carrey told HitFix. “And I think kids are going to like it and I think parents are going to go to bed feeling a little safer.”
Visit original post here.
- Jim Carrey to self-publish ‘metaphysical’ children’s book (guardian.co.uk)
- Actor Jim Carrey to self-publish children’s book (teleread.com)
- Jim Carrey, Author! Actor Planning to Self-Publish “Metaphysical Children’s Book” (hurricaneville.wordpress.com)
- Jim Carrey Writing Children’s Book (contactmusic.com)
- Carrey: Reading to kids is heaven (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)